Responsible for managing and implementing public relations and media strategies that raise the profile of the Boca Raton Museum of Art (Boca Raton, FL). Builds and maintains media channels in collaboration with all departments and stakeholders. Writes and edits content for a variety of communications channels.
- Targets local, regional and international media to place stories about the museum. Pitches stories, answers media inquiries, cultivates relationships and coordinates media appearances. Works with City, County and travel and tourism partners, corporate partners and sponsors, outside PR agencies when relevant and with stakeholders throughout the organization on media outreach activities.
- Schedules and writes press materials, maintains the online press room, and distributes press releases.
- Writes and edits content for a variety of channels, including website, social media, e-newsletter and collateral material. Maintains consistency in wording, branding and messaging across all communications to ensure museum is appropriately represented.
- Manages the museum’s media contacts database and press clipping archive ensuring they are up-to-date and appropriately targeted.
- Oversees the museum’s campus media channels to coordinate distribution of news, events and museum stories.
- Monitors and reports on media coverage. Provides internal coverage reports and re-shares relevant stories to museum followers via social media.
- Ensures Museum events are documented either by video or photography and oversees shot lists and distribution of images to media.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in art, museum studies, journalism, communications or related field.
- Experience working in communications for a museum or cultural organization preferred.
- Strong writing and editing experience, with the ability to maintain appropriate voice for different audiences and to write about art in an intelligent but accessible way.
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail.
- Strong collaborative skills. Able to work with multiple stakeholders (from trustees to curators to artists to media) to identify and tell newsworthy stories.
- Experience managing and developing content for social media channels.
- Proven experience placing targeted stories in diverse media.
- Working knowledge: third-party email system.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with people at all levels, including the media.
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays and/or evenings as needed.