FPL – Communication Specialist / Project Bound
Under general supervision of a lead or manager, will help to carry projects from the earliest stages of concept and development through to successful, on-time completion as measured by achievement of metrics. Provides support in developing and executing communication plans and initiatives to support business objectives of FPL’s Manatee Lagoon – An FPL Eco-Discovery Center, which is a new environmental education center based in Riviera Beach, FL. Expected to understand client needs and help to develop communication solutions. Specific responsibilities include assisting with communication and event planning, developing key messages, writing, ensuring communication channels such as the website, external calendar listings, event registration sites and program collateral are up-to-date, using research and analytics to drive planning and messaging, following established processes, demonstrating discipline and organization in executing assignments and plans, contributing to great relationships with clients and co-workers and communicating effectively with them, using metrics to track performance and progress. Other communications activities as assigned, including occasional support of weekend activities at the center. This is a project bound position through December 2019.
• Related experience in multiple disciplines is an advantage but not mandatory
• Bachelor’s degree in related field (Journalism, Communication, Marketing, Liberal Arts, Public Relations, Advertising, etc.)
• Demonstrated discipline in project execution and attention to detail
• Good understanding of social media and visual digital communications
• Strong writing, verbal, editing, presentation, and overall communication skills
• Excellent event planning and execution skills
• Strong dedication to customer service; the ability to remain flexible and adaptable to meet the demands of internal clients and demonstrate enthusiasm and passion for their business
• Sound business and financial acumen
• The ability to follow critical business processes to ensure quality and timely execution of initiatives
• The ability to maintain high performance under extreme pressure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• To learn more, please click the below link to review and apply.
How to Apply: