Intern – Cultural Council of Palm Beach County
Internship Program Overview: This paid part-time internship is designed to give currently enrolled college seniors or recent graduates the opportunity to gain real-world experience in public relations. Candidates must have superior communication skills and the ability to work effectively within a team. The environment is fast-paced and requires someone who can multi-task and meet deadlines while maintaining high quality standards.
Work period: Three months (option for extension at completion of work period)
Schedule: 2-3 days per week, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location: CCPBC Office in Lake Worth, FL (no relocation)
- Ability to work well within a team
- Excellent writing
- Superior communication skills and phone etiquette
- Proficiency in Drop Box and Microsoft programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, Paint (photo editing) and PowerPoint
- Flexibility to perform a wide range of tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with and eagerness to learn P.R. tools including press clipping and Web monitoring programs (Cision, PR Newswire, Google Alerts, Talkwalker, ProfNet, HARO)
- A meticulous eye for design and layout for press clippings and presentations
- Assisting with daily P.R. duties
- Submitting events to local calendar editors and writers.
- Daily uploading, organizing, monitoring, clipping, paste-up, copying and scanning press clips
- Meeting and presentation coordination
- Researching, creating and updating media lists
- Writing press releases and following up with media
Please submit to email@example.com:
- Resume and cover letter
- Writing sample