Reporting to the President and CEO, the Director of Communications will set and guide the strategy for all communications, website and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate the Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce’s mission. The Director of Communications will ensure that the Chamber is viewed as the primary source, disseminator, and conduit of information within the South Florida Region.
The Director of Communications will work closely with Chamber staff as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives. (Non-Exempt Position / Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- Develop implement and evaluate the annual communications plan across the Chamber’s diverse audience base.
- Lead the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. Decide who, when and where to disseminate.
- Manage the migration to a new website platform that integrates our back-end legacy system into one unit and deploys a smartphone app.
- Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, directories, flyers, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and the Chamber’s website.
- Coordinate webpage maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information is posted regularly.
- Track and measure the level of engagement within the network over time.
- Manage development, distribution and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, annual report, e-newsletter, the Chamber’s web site, and social media channels.
- Works closely with key committees like Branding and Technology to name two.
- Assists other departments in meeting their communications and marketing goals.
- Manage all media contact.
The Chamber is seeking an accomplished Director of Communications who has at least 8 years of communications experience, ideally in an “in-house” leadership role within a complex non-profit entity, and covering areas such as website content, electronic newsletters, and investor communications. The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages, and disseminate it to the right audiences through the most effective communications channels is critical.
Specific Requirements Include:
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implement communications strategies.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communications skills.
- A strong track record as a implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently on deadline.
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence”.
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, investors, and government.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
How to Apply:
Email resume and letter of interest to Dan Lindblade, CAE/President/CEO: email@example.com