The Director of Marketing & Cultural Tourism (Director) oversees a department responsible for the Council’s cultural tourism program, as well as marketing support for the Council’s programs and services. An enthusiastic advocate for arts and culture in The Palm Beaches, the Director manages the marketing budgets, plans, program goals, objectives and reporting. The Director oversees the national advertising agency contract and scope of work, and interfaces with the Council’s internal marketing team, member organizations and other important cultural and business partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
+ Manages the Council’s cultural tourism program:
- Develops the annual marketing plan and presentation for the Tourist Development Council (in collaboration with the VP);
- Manages the marketing and advertising budgets, including processing invoices/purchase orders, tracking, forecasting and reporting.
- Manages the contract (RFP process and renewals) for the Council’s national advertising agency and serves as the day-to-day contact by participating in regular status calls/meetings; coordinating approvals; reviewing reports; etc.;
- Solicits, secures and manages local media partnerships, including related sweepstakes/contests, advertorials, co-op or other promotions;
- Manages the annual co-op advertising program that offers a menu of discounted advertising and other marketing opportunities to cultural organizations and grantees:
- Develops annual program with media partners and Council’s national ad agency;
- Collaborates with the marketing team to communicate deadlines and deliverables;
- Oversees tourism-related activations, including the installation and related promotions of the giant “Shades of Culture” around the county;
- Manages updates and enhancements to the website including:
- Oversight of national advertising agency on development and refreshes of tourism-facing pages and brand campaign landing pages;
- Maintains WordPress website, including plugins, hosting and core updates;
- Directs email communication strategy and list growth;
- Directs social media strategy, goals and objectives;
- Monitors and analyzes relevant travel trends and data that benefits the program;
- Compiles monthly TDC report and other benchmark reports throughout the year;
- Hosts a quarterly meeting for marketing staff at cultural organizations to provide Council updates, solicit co-op participation, provide professional development opportunities, and receive updates and ideas from the sector.
+ Provides marketing support doe the Council’s programs and services:
- Manages the budgets and production schedule for all collateral materials, advertisements, social promotions, videos, presentations and other projects;
- Collaborates with marketing team to guide the design, editing and approval process;
- Communicates across all Council departments to ensure on-time completion of projects;
- Maintains quality and brand standards;
- Oversees the development of new web pages and sections for Council services, programs and special events, making regular content updates and managing online event registrations (professional development sessions, concerts, members events);
- Maintains the Events Calendar, Artist Directory, Summer Camp Guide and Education Guide platforms and interfaces with respective vendors/developers.
+ Oversees the contract publishing agreement for art&culture magazine, ensuring that metrics are being delivered and goals are being met;
+ Manages the Google Adwords grant, which includes regular keyword management and copywriting;
+ Part of the Council’s leadership team and serves as a manager and mentor to direct reports, fostering professional development and growth opportunities.
Qualifications and Requirements
+ Education and Experience
- Strong marketing background, including minimum of five to seven years of experience in the field
- Relevant bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of art and culture preferred
+ Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience using social media platforms and reporting tools
- Experience with project management software (Basecamp preferred)
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Familiarity with WordPress CMS
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Strong organizational skills with a focus on accuracy and efficiency
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and others.
- Full-time position, Exempt (40 hours)
- Reports to Vice President
The Cultural Council for Palm Beach County is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the cultural sector are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
How to Apply:
Please submit resume and cover letter to: