Salary Range: $70,000 to $80,000 depending on skill level
Job Requirements: Seasoned and talented art and production director with 8-10 years magazine experience wanted for leading custom magazine publisher in South Florida. Must have excellent technical skills including InDesign, Quark, Photo Shop, color correction, etc. as well as effective communication and administration skills.
Position Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the overall design and look of publications.
• Responsible for publication layout and page plan for publications.
• Responsible for creating production timeline for each publication.
• Responsible for keeping delivery deadlines running smoothly.
• Responsible for the procurement, design and production of ad creative for each publication.
• Responsible for the look and feel of collateral pieces.
• Responsible for coordinating with editorial team for the timely delivery of title content to production.
• Responsible for preparing files for the digital editions
• Manage and develop design strategies and creative briefs for each publication title.
• Responsible for proofing and revisions with client liaisons.
• Responsible for verifying all photography used, meets high quality standard for resolution.
• Responsible for verifying all photography used, supplied images or otherwise is credited.
• Responsible for complete layout of publications for editorial flow, proper content and photo placement, ad placement, page numbers/planning and design consistency.
• Position reports directly to Publisher.
The ideal candidate must
- Be an efficient multitasker and a self-starter.
• Be detail oriented and exhibit total follow-through on all projects.
• Be an effective and strong communicator and be comfortable taking initiative.
• Technical skills must include Mac environments.
• Software efficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, Quark, Illustrator and Microsoft.
• Proven talent, experience, leadership and vision.
• A true team player.
• Energetic, detail orientated person who thrives in smaller organizations.
• Take-charge individual who is capable of making decisions on own.
• Entrepreneurial spirit. Independent yet enjoys being part of the team.
• Consumer and B2B magazine experience a must. Interest and knowledge of Palm Beach County, and south Florida are a bigger plus.
Items for Consideration:
+ AW Property offers a competitive pay package and great growth opportunities.
+ We operate as a team and genuinely care about our employees. We empower them with autonomy and treat them with respect. We help advance their careers through personal and professional development.
+ We have an entrepreneurial culture where critical thinking and independent decision making are encouraged.
+ We build open and honest relationships through frequent and direct communication. We operate on a basis of transparency and trust.
+ We work hard and believe in having fun. We strive to maintain a positive and enjoyable workplace.
+ We promote philanthropy and volunteerism and seek to improve the communities where we live and work.
+ Besides competitive pay, vacation, PTO, health insurance and 401(k) benefits, we offer additional compensation for annual team performance, employment anniversaries and business and employee referrals. We give paid time off for birthdays and community service, offer regularly paid lunches and have a casual dress code.
About the Company:
Passport Publications & Media Corporation (West Palm Beach, FL) was established in 1989 to help organizations and businesses promote and establish brand awareness through custom publishing and relationship marketing. With a passion for people and publishing, we accept the challenge of representing clients at their best and strive to redefine quality custom publishing. We are family oriented and seek individuals looking to establish a career and join our firm to help continue our growth. Our goals are clear, and objectives proven with award-winning magazines year after year. We offer competitive salaries, paid vacation and sick/personal time, and the opportunity to partake in our 401(K) program and group health insurance.
Passport Publications & Media manages approximately 18 recurring custom media products for clients throughout the southeastern United States, for organizations, corporations, and DMOs. A Partial list of our clients include; Business Development Board of Palm Beach County, Discover The Palm Beaches, and PBC Sports Commission.
How to Apply:
To apply please send a cover letter (in the body of your e-mail), resume, salary requirement and 2-3 sample layouts/links to: Robert Kirschner, Publisher, at Robert@PassportPublications.com. No telephones calls. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.