Background: The Moore Agency is seeking a part-time employee for its South Florida-based team to work 20-24 hours per week as a public relations assistant. Headquartered in Tallahassee, the Moore Agency is an award-winning integrated marketing and communications firm. Moore’s nearly 30 years of client servicing includes Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits alike across all industries and geographies.
Requirements: Ideal candidates will have an educational background, experience and/or interest in public relations and communications, and preferably should have taken key public relations courses, including PR writing. We are looking for candidates who have a good attitude, enjoy working in teams, are motivated and ready to learn and have fun.
- Identifying and researching media outlets and reporters
- Writing media materials and drafting media lists
- Pitching stories to media outlets
- Assisting at press conferences and other special events
- Assembling media kits and other event materials
- Conducting research for current and prospective clients
- Media monitoring and preparing client reports
- Social media content development and posting
- Participating in staff / client meetings and brainstorms
- Assisting in administrative office duties
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume, along with 2-3 writing samples to Meredith Westheimer, Senior Director, at: Meredithw@themooreagency.com