13th Annual Bernays Awards Luncheon
January 27, 2017 | Embassy Suites West Palm Beach – Ballroom
2017 Bernays Awards: The annual awards program of the GCPRC is named in honor of Edward J. Bernays, the father of public relations. The awards recognize outstanding performance and campaigns by members of the Gold Coast Public Relations Council, South Florida’s largest independent organization of PR & Marketing professionals.
Thank you to our generous Sponsors: Business Wire and 3E Connections
2017 Winners & Nominees
- Elizabeth Kelley Grace and Julie Mullen – The Buzz Agency
- Dan Shube – Labor Finders International
- Margie Yansura – Wordsmith Communications
PR Star Award
- Naki Carter – Palm Beach Zoo & Conservation Society
Best Nonprofit/Charity Project or Campaign – Small
- WINNER: American Disabilities Foundation, Inc., a 501 c3 not for profit (ADF) – The 2016 – 8th Annual Boating & Beach Bash for People with disabilities
- 3EConnections – Mix, Mingle & Give
- Gladstone Multimedia – Seek in the City: A Fairy Tale
- Kaliah Communications, Inc., in partnership with JLM Communications, LLC. – The Arc of Palm Beach County’s 2016 Cowboy Ball
Best Nonprofit/Charity Project or Campaign – Large
- WINNER: Clerk & Comptroller, Palm Beach County – Operations Fresh Start
- Cultural Council of Palm Beach County – Public Relations Campaign for the Cultural Concierge
- Fish Consulting – Franchising Gives Back
- Florida Atlantic University (Division of Research) – Owl Research and Innovation Magazine
Best PR Campaign by a Large Company or Firm
- WINNER: Fish Consulting – Rooter’s Bathroom Astrology
- Fish Consulting – Happily Ever Dunkin’
- Labor Finders International – Tell us Your “Dirty Secret” Job
- Labor Finders International – “We’re on a roll”
Best PR Campaign by a Small Company or Firm
- WINNER: Kaye Communications, Inc. – Bee Positive NowTM
- Spotlight Families Magazine PR Director Christina Nicholson – Launch of the Spotlight Kids section in Spotlight Families
Best Internal Communications
- WINNER: Florida Atlantic University (Division of Research) – Owl Research and Innovation Newsletter
- Labor Finders International – Advancing the Customer Experience: How we’re Changing Lives”
Best PR Blogger
- WINNER: Christina Nicholson – Media Maven Blog at mediamavenandmore.com
- Coele Gaia (www.gigmagfl.com) – Florida’s Number One Source for Music, Entertainment and more!
- Tenet Florida Physician Services (TFPS) – The Health Spot Blog
Best Social Media Campaign
- WINNER: Constitutional Tax Collector, Serving Palm Beach County – Picture it: Who Rides with you?
- City of Port St. Lucie – City of Port St. Lucie Website Rebuilding Survey Campaign
Best Special Event
- WINNER: Karen Galanaugh, APR – Buffalo Days Indian Relay
- City of Port St. Lucie – The City of Port St. Lucie’s Forum on Race relations and Inclusion
- Cynthia Beckles (Momentum Marketing) for Riverwalk Toastmasters Club – Speakfest 2016
- Jackie Awve Marketing – TOBY 2016
Best Marketing Material
- WINNER: Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners – Parks and Recreation Department – Department overview video
- Community Foundation for Palm Beach and Martin Counties – 2015-2016 Annual Report
- Deborah Bottorff & Associates – Palm Beach International Film Festival
- Labor Finders International – The Labor Finders 2016 Spring TAC Program: The Last Straw
- Meals on Wheels of the Palm Beaches – Meals on Wheels of the Palm Beaches 2015-2016 Annual Report
Best Crisis Communications
- WINNER: City of Port St. Lucie, Communications Department – Hurricane Matthew Emergency Operations Communication Campaign: PSL EOC via Social Media
- Community Foundation for Palm Beach and Martin Counties and United Way of Palm Beach County – 2016 Great Give / The Crisis
- Metropolitan Community Church of the Palm Beaches (MCCPB) – Response to Pulse Nightclub tragedy
The Bernays Awards, presented by the Gold Coast PR Council, honor excellence by the local PR & Marketing community in ten competitive categories.
Friday, January 29, 2016
11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Embassy Suites, 1601 Belvedere Road in West Palm Beach, FL 33406 – Driving Directions
The GOLD COAST PR COUNCIL is now accepting entries for the 12th annual Bernays Awards, honoring excellence by the local PR & Marketing community in the following categories:
- Best Project by or on behalf of a Nonprofit Organization – Large (Over $100K annual operating budget)
- Best Project by or on behalf of a Nonprofit Organization – Small (Under $100K annual operating budget)
- Best PR Campaign by a Large Company or Firm (5+ employees)
- Best PR Campaign by a Small Company or Firm (under 5 employees)
- Best Internal Communications
- Best Crisis Communications
- Best Social Media Campaign
- Best Special Event
- Best Marketing Material (Brochure, Media Kit, Newsletter, Video, etc.)
- Best PR Blogger ** New Award **
- View the 2016 Bernays Awards Application
- Entries Can Be Submitted through December 1, 2015
ABOUT THE EVENT
The 2016 Bernays Awards will will be presented at a special luncheon on Friday, January 29, in the Ballroom at Embassy Suites, 1601 Belvedere Road in West Palm Beach.
Previous Bernays Award winners include the Community Foundation for Palm Beach and Martin Counties, United Way of Palm Beach County, 3E Connections, Lynn University, Kaye Communications, Office Depot, Tilson PR, Elaine Meier Associates, Duree & Company, NCCI Holdings, Wilesmith Advertising/Design, the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts, Kretzer Piano Music Foundation, Labor Finders International, Delray Beach Center for the Arts, Pierson Grant PR, the Norton Museum of Art, The Buzz Agency, Loggerhead Marinelife Center, the Constitutional Tax Collector-Palm Beach County, The Breakers, the Clerk and Comptroller-Palm Beach County, Wordsmith Communications, The Colony Hotel, Palm Beach, etc. The winners of the 2016 Bernays Awards will be selected by an independent panel of local PR, Marketing and Media professionals.
The Bernays Awards, presented by the Gold Coast PR Council, honor excellence by the local PR & Marketing community in eight competitive categories.
Friday, January 30, 2015
11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Boca Dunes Golf & Country Club, 1400 Country Club Drive, Boca Raton, FL 33428. – Get Driving Directions
View a list of 2015 Bernays Awards Nominees
RSVP for Bernays Award Luncheon:
- Please RSVP by return email or at email@example.com no later than January 20, 2015.
- The Bernays Awards Luncheon is $45 for GCPRC members, $50 for nonmembers. Cash or check only, no credit cards. Vegetarian items are available.
- Pay Online: You can now pay online using a credit card through PayPal.
- Pay at the Event: Cash or check only, no credit cards.
- All attendees must pay the fee even if they don’t have lunch.
- If you RSVP but do not attend, you may be billed for the lunch – unless you have canceled in advance by email or phone.