Public Relations Specialist – Palm Beach Transportation Planning Agency (TPA)
The Palm Beach TPA is seeking a dynamic public relations professional to join the team responsible for collaboratively planning, prioritizing, and funding the transportation system of Palm Beach County, FL.
The Public Relations Specialist is a public face of the Palm Beach TPA and implements its public engagement plan by distributing concise information and soliciting input regarding the TPA’s plans and programs.
Primary responsibilities include interfacing with a variety of transportation professionals, the public, the media, TPA Board members, other elected officials, local, state and federal agency staff, partner agencies and other stakeholders; implementing the TPA’s Public Participation Plan (PPP); hosting and/or supporting TPA-sponsored events; performing graphic design tasks, maintaining contact databases, and performing other tasks as detailed at PalmBeachTPA.org/jobs.
Work is performed with considerable independence and initiative under the direction of the Public Relations Manager.
Successful candidates will have two (2) or more years of communications, public involvement or graphic design experience and a related bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ideal candidates will:
- Be skillful using computer systems including Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite and website content management platforms
- Possess excellent graphic, written, and oral communication skills, including the ability to distill complex information into clear and understandable messages
- Have experience creating interactive and engaging digital content
- Demonstrate success using various social media platforms for an agency
- Possess novice or higher competency in Spanish
- Be committed to effective working relationships with people of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds without discrimination
- Have experience working with a Metropolitan Planning Organization
The TPA offers a competitive salary and excellent benefit package including ample paid leave and TPA-funded insurance, retirement, and transportation and tuition reimbursements.
About the TPA:
The TPA is the federally designated Metropolitan Planning Organization for Palm Beach County, Florida, providing the forum that brings county commissioners, city officials, seaport commissioners and transportation professionals together to implement a safe, efficient, connected, and multimodal transportation system. Learn more at PalmBeachTPA.org. Come join our team!
Submitted 8/2020 by Malissa Booth, TPA Public Relations Manager and GCPRC Premier Member