The Bernays Awards, presented by the Gold Coast PR Council, honor excellence by the local PR & Marketing community in eight competitive categories.
The 11th Annual Bernays Awards will be held Friday, January 30, 2015 – 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Boca Dunes Golf & Country Club, 1400 Country Club Drive, Boca Raton, FL 33428. (Get Driving Directions)
GCPRC’s President’s Award Winner for 2015
John & Margaret Mary Shuff – The founders and guiding force behind JES Publishing – Boca Magazine, Delray Beach & more.
Following is a list of 33 contenders for 2015 Bernays Awards in various competitive categories:
Nonprofit/Charity Project or Campaign – Large:
- Community Foundation for Palm Beach & Martin Counties & United Way of Palm Beach County / Great Give
- The Buzz Agency / “White Hot Night Honoring Carolina Herrera” supporting Hôpital Albert Schweitzer in Haiti
Nonprofit/Charity Project or Campaign – Small:
- Boating & Beach Bash for People with Disabilities
- Delray Beach Marketing Cooperative / Be Hot Here: It’s Always Cool in Delray Beach
- Durée & Company / Coral Springs Museum of Art
- Kaye Communications / Boca BRAVE for Boca Raton’s Promise
- 3E Connections / #FlockThe Block
PR Campaign by a Large Company or Firm:
- Boynton Beach CRA / Catch Yourself in Boynton Beach
- Constitutional Tax Collector, Palm Beach County / In the Driver’s Seat
- Tenet Florida Physician Services / World Stroke Day PR Campaign
- The Colony Hotel, Palm Beach / The Re-Imagining & Re-Opening
- Tilson PR / Bonefish Grill’s National New Menu Launch
PR Campaign by a Small Company or Firm:
- Durée & Company / Patricia & Phillip Frost Museum of Science
- Margie Yansura d/b/a Wordsmith Communications / Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week
- JM Family Enterprises / We’re Off on a Hubcation!
- Labor Finders International / LF Depot
- The Palm Beach Pops / After the Maestro
Social Media Campaign:
- Cultural Council of Palm Beach County / Fedoras for Social Media (aka Wear It to Win Campaign
- The Buzz Agency / SunFest Social Media 2014
- Cultural Council of Palm Beach County / The Governor’s Conference 2014
- Palm Beach County Public Affairs / Palm Beach County Day 2014
- Quad S Solutions / 31st Annual Women in Leadership Awards Luncheon
- Margie Yansura d/b/a Wordsmith Communications / The Lord’s Place SleepOut 2014
- Boca Chamber / Connection Newsletter
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County / 2014 Fall Newsletter
- Community Foundation for Palm Beach & Martin Counties / New Marketing Material (The Bridge, Annual Report, Holiday Card)
- Constitutional Tax Collector, Palm Beach County / Photo Frames
- Cultural Council of Palm Beach County / Artists Speaking for Art and Culture
- Discover the Palm Beaches / 24/7 City Secrets
- Labor Finder International / The Labor Finders Women in Blue Collar Video
- Labor Finder International / The Labor Finders 2014 TAC Program: Libation = Activation Campaign
- PRDC / Music in Motion: The United States Marine Drum & Bugle Corps Celebrates 80 Years of Pageantry and Precision, 2014
- StarGroup International / Oh My God I’m Getting Older and So is My Mom
The winners of the 2015 Bernays Awards will be selected by an independent panel of local PR, Marketing and Media professionals. Following is the list of our seven distinguished judges:
- Lisa DeLaRionda, President of PRSA – Palm Beach
- Mary Kate Leming, Editor of The Coastal Star
- Adrienne Moore, President of FPRA
- Michelle Noga, Publisher of Florida Weekly
- Pilar Portela, Business Wire & GCPRC Board Member
- Don Silver, Chief Operating Officer of Boardroom Communications
- Christina Wood, Editor of Art & Culture
RSVP for Bernays Award Luncheon:
- Please RSVP by return email or at email@example.com no later than January 20, 2015.
- The Bernays Awards Luncheon is $45 for GCPRC members, $50 for nonmembers. Cash or check only, no credit cards. Vegetarian items are available.
- Pay Online: You can now pay online using a credit card through PayPal.
- Pay at the Event: Cash or check only, no credit cards.
- All attendees must pay the fee even if they don’t have lunch.
- If you RSVP but do not attend, you may be billed for the lunch – unless you have canceled in advance by email or phone.